Announcing 2010 HR That Works Implementer School
2010 HR That Works Implementer School
HR That Works is a powerful program for attracting, growing and retaining a profitable workforce. It is cost effective and easy to use. It helps build companies and careers. Unfortunately, its tremendous value becomes marginalized if not used to its potential.
With more than 70 of agency partners nationwide and 2,700 company members, I have seen how many have used HR That Works successfully and how others have not. Unfortunately, there are partners and their clients being handed powerful tools they take little advantage of and it is costing them thousands of dollars every month. Bottom line this 2 day program is an incredible opportunity. Not only will you come away understanding the full potential of HR That Works, I will make sure you enjoy the time spent learning!
Program attendees will learn the following:
- An introduction to HR That Works SharePoint platform.
- A thorough understanding of HR That Works strategies and tools.
- How to use HRTW to create audits, quizzes, surveys and training programs.
- How to upload and manage documents.
- How to turn the HR function into a strategic profit center.
- How to position HRTW to your clients or executives with zero resistance.
- And, more. Much more. See the complete Agenda which follows.
In the pre-workshop session for agency partners only you will learn:
- How to use the marketing tools in HRTW.
- How to build a coaching and consulting program around HR That Works.
- How to monitor and increase client usage of the program.
What follows is the Agenda and tuition information for the school. We’ve done eight programs so far and they were a great success. Even if you attended a program in the past, this is one not to miss. In addition, this is the first time we have invited clients to attend this school! It promises to be a rewarding experience for all attendees, their agency and clients.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me directly at 800.234.3304 or email me at email@example.com. I look forward to helping you take HR That Works to the next level.
Note: The school is limited to the first 20 attendees so we keep an intimate learning experience.
HR That Works Implementer Program Agenda
Pre-Session Agency Partners Only – Wednesday Night
6:00-7:00 Marketing the HR That Works Program
- Charging for the program
- Overview of Marketing Tools
- Post-purchase reassurance
- Stay in touch program
- Lunch-and-learn programs
7:00-8:00 Coaching the HR Executive
- Charging for your services
- Tools on HR That Works
- Monitoring client usage
- CRO Forum
8:00-8:45 Technical Aspects of Using the HRTW Program
Orientation Tools for you and your clients
- Add and manage companies and users
- Creating the right “look” for your agency and clients
- Using the email functions
8:45-9:00 Questions and Answers
Day 1 – Thursday
7:30-8:00 Complimentary breakfast
8:00-8:15 Meet and Greet
8:15-9:00 Introduction – Don will explain the why and how of the HR That Works program. This is an important “story” as it will help you to better understand what makes the program so unique.
- History of HR That Works
- HRTW Welcome Video
- Visionaries behind HR That Works (Visionaries Workbook)
- Understanding the HR needs of companies with 15-500 employees (User Survey)
- Brief overview of the 2009 upgrades to the HRTW platform
9:00- 9:45 Auditing Personnel Practices – How to take a “snapshot” of where you or your clients are using the HR That Works Cost Calculator, HR Department Assessment, Compliance Audit, HR Department Survey, 50 Question Quiz and other tools.
9:45- 10:00 Break
10:00-11:00 Hiring Great Employees
- Hiring Module
- Hiring Forms
- Hiring Laws
- Hiring Partners and ONET
- Review of your ZeroRiskHR assessment
11:00- 12:00 Employee Retention That Works
- Retention Module
- Retention Tools
- Calculating the Costs of Turnover
- Retention Possibilities
12:00-1:00 Lunch and Discussion – Complimentary lunch will be catered in.
1:00-1:45 Performance Management, Discipline and Termination Tools
- Training Modules
- Time Management Techniques
- Delegation and “Taking Away From”
- Creating SOPs
- Team Rules and Cross Training
- Suggestion Systems That Work
- Termination Practices That Prevent Claims
1:45-2:30 Preventing and Investigating Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Claims
- Watch SH video
- Review forms/modules
- Compliance Survey
- Investigating Claims
- AB1825 Training for California Employers
- How to use the HR That Works “Hotline” and work with the Worklaw Network attorneys
2:45-3:30 Managing in the Bermuda Triangle – The relationship between Workers Compensation, ADA and FMLA.
- Review of Training Modules
- ADA and FMLA Flow Charts
- Review of forms and checklists
- Working with JAN
- Work Comp return to work
- Finding a great Occupational Medicine provider
3:30-4:30 Review of Employee Surveys, Employee Handbook, Contract Builder, Risk Management Models, Media Library, and Other Tools
- Conducting a Powerful Employee Survey
- Employee Contract Builder
- Employee Handbook
- Media Library
- Risk Management Models
- State Law Summaries
You can join us for dinner (I’m buying) or eat on your own at nearby restaurants.
Day 2 – Friday
7:30-8:00 Complimentary Breakfast
8:00-9:00 How to Use and Create Audits, Quizzes and Surveys
9:00 -9:45 How to Create and Assign Training Plans
10:00-11:00 How to Use the Document Portal
- Review of Don’s favorite forms, checklists, and quizzes to use now
- How to upload and share documents
- Using My Documents
11:00-12:00 Five Workplace Trends to be Prepared for Now
- Explosion of Social Media
- Aging workforce demographics
- Employees demanding flexibility
- Employee Free Choice Act and other legislation
- IRS coming after independent contractor misclassification
12:00-1:00 Lunch and Discussion – Complimentary lunch will be catered in or held at a nearby restaurant.
1:00-1:45 Victims, Villains and Heroes – What it Means for You
2:00-3:00 How to Become a Strategic HR Executive
- Just how good do you want to be?
- Creating a strategic HR plan
- Working with your CEO
3:00-3:45 Defining Your Future and Creating the Plan
- The 5-minute exercise
- Creating a 90-Day Game Plan
3:45-4:30 Roundtable Discussion, Q&A, Wrap-Up.
We encourage all attendees to bring their laptops so you come back with completed audits, training plans, etc. We will hold a pre-meeting webinar on Monday, January 4th at 1PM EST/10AM PST and Wednesday, January 6th at 1PM EST/10AM PST to help prepare you for the workshop and answer any questions. Once you register you will receive an invite to that meeting as well as pre-workshop materials, etc.
Here are the outcomes we are looking for:
1. Create a strategic HR partner for your agency or company.
2. An exhaustive understanding of the HR That Works program.
3. Dramatically increase utilization of HR That Works by your agency and company.
4. Lowered claims and bottom line improvement for the agency and clients.
5. Additional revenue sources for your agency and increased ROI for companies.
6. A fun time for all!
So, What’s this School Going to Cost?
If I told you it would be $1,995 for the two days…it would be worth it! But it’s not. The cost is only $795 which includes all meals, handouts and tons of learning. If a second person from your company wishes to attend they can come for only $297.
We have great rooms rates ($119 per nite) and airfaires to Orlando are very reasonable. (I got my RT tickets from San Diego on SWA for only $250). The hotel has a shuttle so you don’t even need a car. And, like many attendees you may even spend a few days afterwards enjoying all that Orlando in January has to offer.
So, start off the New Year right!
Early Sign Up Discount
If you sign up by December 11th I will discount your tuition to only $597. So hurry. The offer won’t be available after that. Fact is, early registration helps us on the planning side so we are willing to pay for it! Early bird promotion code: early
Here’s My Personal Promise to You…
HRThatWorks Implementer School GUARANTEE: If, at ANY time during the first day of the School you honestly believe you’ve made a mistake and that you don’t belong here or you are otherwise disappointed, you need only say so to receive a FULL 100% fee REFUND PLUS up to $500 toward your documented travel and lodging expenses.
“This program has been submitted to HR Certification Institute for review. If approved, you will receive 11.75 credits for 2 days.”
To learn more about the program, or to sign up today, please go to http://www.hrthatworks.com/HRTWImplementerSchool.aspx