HR Director Gone Wild?
I was browsing on the internet looking for employee complaints about HR for a piece I’m writing. There’s a ton of it out there. In the process, I ran across what most business executives would consider a nightmare-employees fighting internal battles online. Take a look at this doozy out of L. A. involving the city’s corrupt Section 8 housing authority, of which HR was a full participant.
Looks like these folks had a good ol’ time at taxpayer expense a search shows much worse than that. The HR director was fired last December.
What lessons can be learned from a crazy story like this?
- You can’t trust anyone blindly; even HR. Checks and balances are a must in ANY organization.
- Bad HR can create far more liabilities than it is hired to prevent.
- There is no hiding your dirty laundry anymore.
- Set Google alerts for your company and employees. Just stay out of private, non-work-related activities.
- Deal with internal conflicts now…before they spill out onto the internet.